Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Rename/Refactor Shortcut Multiple Options(The rename/refactor shortcut is giving me a pop-up with multiple options to choose from.)
Rename/Refactor Shortcut Multiple Options [message #1855330] Sun, 09 October 2022 00:04 Go to next message
Sean Murphy is currently offline Sean MurphyFriend
The rename/refactor shortcut is giving me a pop-up with multiple options to choose from. How do I get this to go away and just run one rename/refactor command?

I have opened the shortcut manager and unbinded all the commands for the shortcut option+command+r. Yet I still keep getting this popup.

file:///Users/smurphy/Pictures/Shortcut%20Choice%20Popup.pngSeriously, what kind of idiotic feature allows a shortcut key combination to be associated to multiple commands. That ruins the purpose of having a shortcut.

I'm on MacOs Monterey 12.5 and using Eclipse 4.22.0.
Re: Rename/Refactor Shortcut Multiple Options [message #1855372 is a reply to message #1855330] Tue, 11 October 2022 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Does it still happen with the current release?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Rename/Refactor Shortcut Multiple Options [message #1855394 is a reply to message #1855372] Wed, 12 October 2022 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sean Murphy is currently offline Sean MurphyFriend
I have updated to Eclipse 4.25.0.

I played around with the key bindings again, in Preferences. I observed the following, in reference to commands being binded to option+command+r:

1. Only with Rename :: In Windows :: File
I can rename a file in Package Explorer but not refactor-rename in Java classes.

2. Only with Rename - Refactoring :: In Windows :: Refactor - Java
I can refactor-rename in Java classes but get the popup when I try to rename a file in Package Explorer.

3. Bindings in both 1 and 2
I can refactor-rename in Java classes but get the popup when I try to rename a file in Package Explorer.

I know older versions of Eclipse, going back to at least 2009, had no issues with being binded to both. So I have no idea why newer versions would have this issue.
Re: Rename/Refactor Shortcut Multiple Options [message #1855400 is a reply to message #1855394] Wed, 12 October 2022 06:50 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It would be best to open an issue here:

https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.ui/issues

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.junit.jupiter.api
Next Topic:Special character issue in Photon and Oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:12:50 GMT 2024