Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Raspi installation problems(Raspi installation problems)
Raspi installation problems [message #1855204] Fri, 30 September 2022 20:31 Go to next message
Markus Schmid is currently offline Markus SchmidFriend
I wonder if anybody encountered this.

The Raspi installation does not succeed if the instructions are followed to the letter

The CMake Gui ends with Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid.
CMake_build_type and Cmake_install_prefix both are highligted in Red...

Digging a bit in the Message menu I get> Platform/raspbian to use this system, please post your config file on discourse.cmake.org so it can be added to cmake

What should the values be?
Re: Raspi installation problems [message #1855211 is a reply to message #1855204] Sat, 01 October 2022 13:43 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

I think it looks like your docs are not as accurate as they should be. After the first run of CMake it is normal that you have an error. The reason for this is that 4diac FORTE supports so many operating systems which we normally can not really guess. Therefore the minimum setting you have to do after the first run is the set the FORTE_ARCHITECTURTE versiable to the operating system you like to use. For raspi this is posix.

Furthermore CMake GUI is a bit strange with the red marked options. These are options that where newly introduced by a configuration run. In 4diac FORTE this can happen not only after the first run but also after consecutive runs. The reason is that options that you activate require additional configuration settings (e.g., when enabling OPC UA you need to give us the directory with the lib and include files).

When you get the information that there are errors please always check the text ouptput at the bottom of the CMake GUI screen.

Further information about building 4diac FORTE can also be found in the general building 4diac FORTE from source documentation page.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Alois

PS: If you have improvement suggestions for our documentation we would be happy to get them. You can easily contribute to our documentation by cloning the 4diac IDE repository and update the html file that can be found in the directory plugins/org.eclispe.fordiac.ide/html,.
Previous Topic:Subscriber and Publisher block be used for the structure of the OPAS/user defined one
Next Topic:Read and Write OPC UA variables on a remote Siemens S7 PLC server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:20:27 GMT 2024