Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » build.py works when called from Shell but not when called from Eclipse(build.py works when called from Shell but not when called from Eclipse)
build.py works when called from Shell but not when called from Eclipse [message #1854981] Wed, 21 September 2022 15:45 Go to next message
Nate Welch is currently offline Nate WelchFriend

Operating system is Kali Linux and I am using Eclipse for embedded C/C++.

When I try to build the project which calls python3 build.py -develop it looks as if Eclipse cannot find cmake and mbed-tools. Below is the output in the console window:

python3 build.py -develop
sh: 1: mbed-tools: not found
sh: 1: cmake: not found
sh: 1: cmake: not found
Updating mbed tools config...
Updating cmake config...
Building...

06:08:21 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.71ms)

However it hasn't actually built anything.

The path for cmake and mbed-tools is added to the $PATH variable. And I can successfully build the project if I manually type in the build command into a shell window.

I am stumped as to why it doesn't work when called from Eclipse.
Re: build.py works when called from Shell but not when called from Eclipse [message #1854997 is a reply to message #1854981] Thu, 22 September 2022 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Open your project and its properties, select C/C++ Build, then Environment, and check what is in the PATH there. If needed, you can edit it on the same screen.

Please note that there are different setups for build configurations. You may need to set separately for Release and Debug.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: build.py works when called from Shell but not when called from Eclipse [message #1854998 is a reply to message #1854997] Thu, 22 September 2022 18:48 Go to previous message
Nate Welch is currently offline Nate WelchFriend
I tried doing this last night but it still didn't work.

I also tried changing where sh points too. By default it pointed to dash. Then I tried bash. And then I tried zsh. Closing and restarting Eclipse each time. But still it didn't work.

I made sure both the Global and Project PATH variables matched the PATH variable that bash uses.

For whatever reason it just won't build from inside Eclipse. But manually typing it into a terminal works every time.
Previous Topic:Rewrite value in register at Peripherals View and Expression View
Next Topic:Setup debug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:40:06 GMT 2024