Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Prevent timeout of custom long-running CDOQuery
[CDO] Prevent timeout of custom long-running CDOQuery [message #1854444] Thu, 18 August 2022 19:12 Go to next message
Robert Schulk is currently offline Robert SchulkFriend
I have got a CDOQuery which is being processed by my own IQueryHandler on the server. Under some conditions, this query can take quite long to complete.

I noticed that the query will abort in this case:
* On client: CDOSession signal timeout is set to 10s
* On the server: while the query is being processed and no new result is being added to the IQueryContext for longer than the signal timeout (10s in my case).

I tried increasing the signal timeout as well as a workaround to add "dummy" objects to the result set (and filter them out again on the client). Both are working fine. But I would rather have the possibility to keep the query alive in another way. Is this possible?
Re: [CDO] Prevent timeout of custom long-running CDOQuery [message #1854448 is a reply to message #1854444] Thu, 18 August 2022 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
I've done something to address this for the last release. Please have a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=579786 ...

Re: [CDO] Prevent timeout of custom long-running CDOQuery [message #1854458 is a reply to message #1854448] Fri, 19 August 2022 07:47 Go to previous message
Robert Schulk is currently offline Robert SchulkFriend
That is good news :). Thanks!
Previous Topic:Derived Attributes are validated
Next Topic:Question wrt EMF Services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:55:57 GMT 2024