Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » how to install "import java." and "import javax.
how to install "import java." and "import javax. [message #1854082] Mon, 01 August 2022 04:51 Go to next message
Sundra pichan is currently offline Sundra pichanFriend
Tried to import java.buffer reader and file reader and IOexeption. but none of them come up. Did I forget to install a package of some sort? If so, how do I go about installing them (step-by-step instructions preferred because I am new to java and eclipse)

or

Are they already installed and are they no longer going by those statements in java? If so, what are the new statements?
Re: how to install "import java." and "import javax. [message #1854122 is a reply to message #1854082] Tue, 02 August 2022 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Arthanareeswaran is currently offline Jay ArthanareeswaranFriend
These classes are of Java Libraries and come from the JDK/JRE added to your project's build path. Does you project have a JDK or Java Execution Environment added to it? In other words, what does your .classpath file inside your Java project look like?
Re: how to install "import java." and "import javax. [message #1854126 is a reply to message #1854082] Tue, 02 August 2022 09:37 Go to previous message
teddy bear is currently offline teddy bearFriend
Sundra pichan wrote on Mon, 01 August 2022 04:51
Tried to import java.buffer reader and file reader and IOexeption. but none of them come up. Did I forget to install a package of some sort? If so, how do I go about installing them (step-by-step instructions preferred because I am new to java and eclipse)

or

Are they already installed and are they no longer going by those statements in java? If so, what are the new statements?

What's your code snippet?
I guess you would like to use BufferedReader.
it is in package java.io. you should import java.io.*
Previous Topic:Compilation Participant problem creation
Next Topic:The type java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles cannot be resolved.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 23:06:17 GMT 2024