Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » EGit in C++ IDE showing file difference (marks) after clone(EGit problem eclipse C/C++ Version: 2022-06 (4.24.0))
EGit in C++ IDE showing file difference (marks) after clone [message #1853846] Tue, 19 July 2022 15:31 Go to next message
Robert Sagusti is currently offline Robert SagustiFriend
Hi,

If I clone a project from the command line or from the eclipse import wizard, the files and folders show a ">" symbol indicating a difference. The cloned project was from a 2019 version of eclipse. I've tried changing my gitconfig file with:
git config --system core.autocrlf false
and with
git config --system core.whitespace cr-at-eol

Git seems to be fine, it's the EGit display that is driving me crazy. Any ideas? There are a few references to this on google but I would have expected more.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Bob
Re: EGit in C++ IDE showing file difference (marks) after clone [message #1853884 is a reply to message #1853846] Thu, 21 July 2022 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Things to watch out for are files with mixed line endings (i.e., having some lines terminated with CR-LF and some with only LF or only CR), or on Windows also files having the executable bit set in the git repo.

Another possibility is a problem with timestamps in the git index. Perhaps re-building the index might help.

1. Which EGit version are you using?
  2. What's the OS? Windows? If Windows, are you using Cygwin?
  3. When you write "git seems to be fine", what does that mean? What does git status show?
  4. Which git version are you using? If you're on Windows, where is the system git config located?
  5. Is the repository you cloned accessible publicly so that I could try myself? If not could you try to reproduce this with a small test repo, and make that accessible?

Re: EGit in C++ IDE showing file difference (marks) after clone [message #1853896 is a reply to message #1853884] Thu, 21 July 2022 13:21 Go to previous message
Robert Sagusti is currently offline Robert SagustiFriend
Hi Thomas,

I'm embarrassed for two reasons.

One is that I did not state my platform which is Ubuntu 22.04 LTS running on Intel® Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz × 12.
Eclipse version 2022-06 with Egit 6.2.0.2022060715.

The second and most important reason is that I found out it was user error. Viewing the ">" decorations as dirty indicators VS expansion symbols. You see, I had a HD fail and was rapidly re-installing to a new OS/ Application versions etc , and this threw me. Also I have had trouble in the past with file permissions causing dirty files.

My sincere apologies and please disregard my question.

Regards,
Bob
Previous Topic:Errors generated by CDT Builder and not from external tool builder
Next Topic:Change default wizard settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:33:40 GMT 2024