Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula Client API - Require Help!
Jubula Client API - Require Help! [message #1853513] Wed, 06 July 2022 08:31 Go to next message
Sachin Upadhyay is currently offline Sachin UpadhyayFriend
I wanted to reach out to the team related to an issue I am facing w.r.t Jubula Client API.
Before that, Some background.
I started exploring Jubula as an automation tool for one of our RCP based application.
when I came across Jubula, I wondered why not so many people know about it or use it!
I did some research and was able to do an automation POC using Jubula Standalone.
The tool is excellent! It does it job perfectly, even though there are lot of improvement areas.

Now, we want to increase the automation coverage which requires some complex flows.
For this reason, I started looking at Jubula Client API.
I managed to get started with the client API part, (had some difficulty because there's not much documentation on the same)

I wanted to reach out regarding an issue I have been stuck on past 3 days.
Issue is, I am not able to correctly locate button elements on my application using Client API.
Now, this works perfectly fine with the Jubula StandAlone Installer, but when I try to perform any task on Button components, whose OM identifier I have pulled from Jubula Object Mapping itself, The click happens somewhere else.
And its not consistent - in some runs, it will click on element-A, and on another, it will click element-B.
Now it seems an issue with the element Identifier since API is not able to correctly locate the element.
I tried to look around this but failed to find any successful solution.

Here is what I have tried -

I was not able to force an Object Recognition Profile for my application, hence created a custom profile as follows

driver.setProfile(MakeR.getProfileFactory().createProfile("Custom",60.0,30.0,10.0,85.0));

However, this does not help. It does click once correctly but after the next run, it failed to click the desired element.

I am seeking help in this direction !!
- Do I need to use some specific profile parameters?
- will the object identifier copied from Standalone Jubula not work for Client API correctly?
- I am not able to start the AUT Object Mapping tool which we get from the Start AUT context menu. Will that help? How to start it from client API?
- Is there some other tool/way to capture the component which will work for Client API?

I am relying on the information on this thread, so Request to help me out with this.
Re: Jubula Client API - Require Help! [message #1853539 is a reply to message #1853513] Thu, 07 July 2022 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manisha jangpangi is currently offline manisha jangpangiFriend
Hi,

I am newbie to Jubula Client API and little knowledge on java. I am not able to find any documents which help me to start automation from scratch. Starting from simple adder swing application. I am confused with the set up only. As I can see Sachin Upadhyay is very recent and active user here. Can you please help me to get start with it, will be really helpful for me.

Thanks In Advance!!
Manisha
Re: Jubula Client API - Require Help! [message #1853540 is a reply to message #1853539] Thu, 07 July 2022 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manisha jangpangi is currently offline manisha jangpangiFriend
Hi,

I have done POC with jubula standalone but got stuck with Client api uses.
Re: Jubula Client API - Require Help! [message #1853617 is a reply to message #1853540] Mon, 11 July 2022 13:51 Go to previous message
Sachin Upadhyay is currently offline Sachin UpadhyayFriend
@Manisha, We can connect, please drop pe mail sachinrupadhyay@gmail.com
Previous Topic:ConnectException on consecutive execution
Next Topic:Not able to toggle checkbox in treetable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:41:27 GMT 2024