Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Can I publish my workspace settings online?(Can I publish my workspace settings online?)
Can I publish my workspace settings online? [message #1853376] Wed, 29 June 2022 20:56 Go to next message
Martin Sigge is currently offline Martin SiggeFriend
Hi,

I want to publish my workspace settings (only default settings, no projects) online. I tried to find informations, if this is allowed by the eclipse license agreement. But I found nothing about this. Maybe I am no lawyer ;-) and missunderstood the agreement..

Thanks for your help and

Best Regards,

Martin
Re: Can I publish my workspace settings online? [message #1853377 is a reply to message #1853376] Wed, 29 June 2022 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Your setting are your settings and you can do whatever you want with them.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can I publish my workspace settings online? [message #1853384 is a reply to message #1853376] Thu, 30 June 2022 07:23 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

The workspace settings are files on your filesystem. Eclipse IDE happens to be the tool that generates/edit them, but it's just a tool on that regard. Eclipse IDE doesn't restrict or mandate anything in term of license for the files it creates/edits. So those workspace settings files, like any creation done with Eclipse IDE, fully belong to you and you're free to decide of a license and whether to publish them or not.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Helios Error when Debugging: "Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine."
Next Topic:git integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:32:29 GMT 2024