Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Pin version of bundle over all location in target file
Pin version of bundle over all location in target file [message #1853365] Wed, 29 June 2022 12:39
Vaclav Hala is currently offline Vaclav HalaFriend
Hello, I have a target file which contains several `InstallableUnit` type locations. Several of these provide same bundle with different versions (org.slf4j.api).

Is there some way I could say "In the final resolved target I want exactly one bundle with this ID and I want it to be exactly this version"? I'd expect the target to look in all locations and pick the one matching bundle from any location or fail to resolve if none of the locations contain matching bundle.

It would also solve my problem (though my intention is not quite as obvious with this approach so I'd prefer the first) if I could exclude some content of some location like this

<location>
  <repository ...>
  <unit ...> # some feature which contains dozens of plugins, one of which I don't want
  <exclude>
    <unit ...> # id of some transitively reached unit I want to exclude from this location
  </exclude>

I'm aware of the global <content> list, but as far as I know that is only additive - i.e. I have to repeat everything from every location and remove the things I want to exclude - which makes it unusable for me and also again the intention is not explicit.

I'm also aware this can be done by tycho https://ci.eclipse.org/tycho/job/tycho-sitedocs/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/staging/target-platform-configuration/target-platform-configuration-mojo.html#filters but I have two problems with that - definition of target is no longer in one place (maintenance hell, hard to get your head around how the target is supposed to look like) and since not all of this information is available to eclipse some tooling like target platform explorer start giving wrong results because they are working with incomplete input

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2022 12:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Trouble with javax.annotation
Next Topic:PDE JUNIT4 Tests (headless via ANT)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:34:44 GMT 2024