Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Execute ResourceCopyTask when resource is updated(ResourceCopyTask)
Execute ResourceCopyTask when resource is updated [message #1853244] Fri, 24 June 2022 06:05 Go to next message
Chris Lake is currently offline Chris LakeFriend
Hi,

We have setup Oomph to use a ResourceCopyTask and EclipseIniTask as part of a <product> to download Project Lombok and add the "-javaagent" paramter to the INI file.

This works great for new installs of Eclipse, however, unless I use "force='true'" to download the JAR file every single time Eclipse is opened, I cannot see a way to have the ResourceCopyTask run when the resource to copy (the Lombok JAR in this case), is updated.

Is there a mechanism for this?

We have a similar issue with findsecbugs-plugin, pmd ruleset.xml, and m2e lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml, which again are downloaded every time Eclipse is opened to ensure they are kept current.

Chris
Re: Execute ResourceCopyTask when resource is updated [message #1853248 is a reply to message #1853244] Fri, 24 June 2022 07:49 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
There is currently no way. One would need to change the URI each time to download it only when it changes.

I could imagine a mechanism whereby we'd use org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.URIConverter.ATTRIBUTE_TIME_STAMP to set the last modified of the target URI to match the last modified of the source URI and would check the source's time stamp each time to see if it's newer, with some new property on the task to enable this new behavior...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:P2Util.addedTrustedKeys null pointer launching runtime-App
Next Topic:eclipse installation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:14:02 GMT 2024