Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Response to QUERY
Response to QUERY [message #1852861] Wed, 08 June 2022 16:33 Go to next message
Sarah Wenninger is currently offline Sarah WenningerFriend
Hi everyone,
I am trying to use a query which I send via TCP/IP to see what FBs or Connections exist. Unfortunately, I have not found an exact explanation on how the queries work. I run forte, deploy my Application and then send the query. While doing so, I encountered 2 problems.

Problem 1:
The query I am sending would for example look like this:
EMB_RES;<Request ID="16" Action="QUERY"><FB Name="A" Type="E_CYCLE" /></Request>\n'

or
EMB_RES;<Request ID="17" Action="QUERY"><FB Name="" Type="" /></Request>\n'

Now my problem is that I get the same response to both of them, listing all the FBs in the Application. Apparently I am not able to address a specific one.

Response:
Response ID="16">\n  <FBStatus Status="<FB name="START" type="E_RESTART"/>\n<FB name="A" type="E_CYCLE"/>\n<FB name="B" type="E_CYCLE"/>\n<FB name="C" type="E_PERMIT"/>\n<FB name="D" type="E_SWITCH"/>" />\n</Response>

Problem 2:
As soon as I move my FBs into SubApps, they are not found anymore. The only FB I would get as a response is the START FB.
The query I am sending would for example look like this:

EMB_RES;<Request ID="18" Action="QUERY"><FB Name="SubApp.A" Type="E_CYCLE" /></Request>\n'

Response:
Response ID="18">\n  <FBStatus Status="<FB name="START" type="E_RESTART"/>" />
</Response>

Does anybody have any idea why it doesn't work? Have these issues occurred to anybody before?

Help would be highly appreciated :)

Have a nice day!

Sarah
Re: Response to QUERY [message #1852863 is a reply to message #1852861] Wed, 08 June 2022 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

4diac FORTE tries to follow the definitions of the "IEC 61499 compliance profile for feasibility demonstrations" [1]. However the query part is the least tested and used. So it may also just be a bug that you found. A detailed explanation of the query syntax can be found in Table 6.4.2-2 in [2].

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://www.holobloc.com/doc/ita/index.htm
[2] https://www.holobloc.com/doc/ita/s4.htm
Re: Response to QUERY [message #1852886 is a reply to message #1852863] Thu, 09 June 2022 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sarah Wenninger is currently offline Sarah WenningerFriend
Thank you! The explanation of the query syntax was very helpful. I'll see how to proceed with this information. :)

Sarah
Re: Response to QUERY [message #1852904 is a reply to message #1852886] Fri, 10 June 2022 07:34 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Happy to help. But just again as warning 4diac FORTE may have bugs in the query infrastructure. Please let us know if you experience strange behavior.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:FB Adapter Troubles
Next Topic:Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:11:31 GMT 2024