Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices(UDP connection)
Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1852793] Sat, 04 June 2022 02:05 Go to next message
Ricardo Rech is currently offline Ricardo RechFriend
Hello everyone

I'm doing some tests of distributed automation into two devices, a PC (Counter App) and RPI (Blink App), following the tutorial below as a guide:

https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/4diacIDE/use4diacRemotely.html

It seems that the socket is ok, at the prompt I got the message from forte:
INFO: T#18446743515581449808: CWin32SocketInterface: Opening UDP receiving connection at: 239.0.0.1:61000

index.php/fa/42155/0/

But the Counter App is not able to read the data the Blink App is publising.
If I watch the Counter App there is no pulse on Subscribe FB's "IND" event.
index.php/fa/42156/0/

Note that the solution running locally on one device (below tutorial) works fine.
https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/4diacIDE/distribute4diac.html

Does anyone got a simmilar behavior?

The .sys file is attached
Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1852821 is a reply to message #1852793] Mon, 06 June 2022 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Ricardo,

what we noticed on the RPI is that udp multicast routing is not always nicely configured. You need to setup your udp multicast routing such that your 4diac FORTE udp multicast will be forwarded to that network port which is in the same network segment as your windows laptop.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1852982 is a reply to message #1852821] Mon, 13 June 2022 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alois,

Many thanks for the reply.

Raspberry and PC are at the same network segment on 4diac's System Configuration, and at same IP range 192.168.0.XXX. I have tried to connect then through wireless and RJ45 port, both cases without success.

What is intriguing is that on Wireshark I can see that packages are coming from RPI to PC, but 4diac's subscribe FB seems dead.

index.php/fa/42184/0/

Any other idea how to solve it?

B.R.
Ricardo
Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1853119 is a reply to message #1852982] Sun, 19 June 2022 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alois and 4diac community

Some aditional info over UDP and Subscribe FB: I've used two computers (both S.O. windows) executing FORTE and the behavior was the same reported above. So it is possible that it is not related to deploy the app at the RPI.

In another test I used the Client/Server FBs and the communication was ok. However, TCP tends to by slow when compared to the UDP, so the performance at this solution wans't that good.

And for sake of clarification, using Client/Server or Publish/Subscribe if not parameter is passed to the FB the protocol used will be "IEC 61499 Compliance Profile for Feasibility Demonstrations", right?

B.R.
Ricardo
Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1853128 is a reply to message #1853119] Sun, 19 June 2022 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hmh this is strange.

Just a few things that are coming to my mind that you could check:
- is the firewall blocking something
- are both computers on the same subnet and you don't have a router in between
- is there more then one network port (wifi, vpn, etc.) on your computers? I once sent upd mulitcast messages through vpn instead of the cable. Debugged for an hour why my messages where not received

Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1853149 is a reply to message #1853128] Mon, 20 June 2022 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alois!

Many thanks for your prompt response.

- is the firewall blocking something
No, I disabled firewall. At the wireshark I see the UDP telegrams arriving at the device with the subscribe FB.
- are both computers on the same subnet and you don't have a router in between
yes, same subnet and same IP range. No router between.
- is there more then one network port (wifi, vpn, etc.) on your computers?
Yes, there are wi-fi, RJ45 and alson some ports opened from the virtual machine VMWare. I've tested connection through wifi and by cable (in this case connecting RJ45 to RJ45 ports, nothing in between). Is it possible to config the port to be used at subscribe somewhere in 4diac?
Re: Deploy Applications Remotely in Two Devices [message #1853152 is a reply to message #1853149] Mon, 20 June 2022 17:05 Go to previous message

Hi,

unfortunately we currently have no means to configure which physical port to use. I think we got that as request already once. But I must confess I have no idea how to do it.

What you could do is to deactivate these network adapters in Windows. Also it should be possible to configure in windows which adapter to use for 4diac FORTE or for multicast messages. But I don't know how this works.

Alois
Previous Topic:Response to QUERY
Next Topic:4DIAC Forte for Siemens device
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:30:03 GMT 2024