Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » TabItems are not visible on mac if there is not enough space
TabItems are not visible on mac if there is not enough space [message #1852593] Wed, 25 May 2022 15:11 Go to next message
Valentín Pérez Carrasco is currently offline Valentín Pérez CarrascoFriend
I have an application built with SWT that uses TabFolder/TabItems to split the content into several pages. When testing the application on a mac I've noticed that some of the tabs are hidden, see attached screenshot:

index.php/fa/42107/0/

This doesn't happen on Linux, if there is not enough space to show all the tables two "buttons" appear that can be used to navigate through the tabs, see attached screenshot:

index.php/fa/42108/0/

Do you know if this is a known issue? Is there a way to show these "buttons" on mac?

Thanks in advance,
Valentin
  • Attachment: darwin.png
    (Size: 21.04KB, Downloaded 186 times)
  • Attachment: linux.png
    (Size: 9.31KB, Downloaded 186 times)
Re: TabItems are not visible on mac if there is not enough space [message #1852620 is a reply to message #1852593] Fri, 27 May 2022 13:40 Go to previous message
Andy Maleh is currently offline Andy MalehFriend
To my knowledge, TabFolder/TabItem are meant to be used with a few tabs only that fit the screen.

When you need to have a lot of tabs that might not fit the screen, use CTabFolder/CTabItem instead.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AndyObtiva/glimmer-dsl-swt/master/images/glimmer-hello-c-tab-extra-tabs.png

EclipseCon / EclipseWorld / Agile Conference Speaker
Open-Source Software Author of Glimmer DSL for SWT
Previous Topic:How to get SWT stand-alone app to render UI in "dark mode"
Next Topic:sudden crash with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:13:51 GMT 2024