Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Is the ROS module updated ?(I want to use the ROS module to publish float on a ros noetic topic but the git link doesn't work for me and the documentation only talk about ros indigo and ubuntu 14.04)
Is the ROS module updated ? [message #1852592] Wed, 25 May 2022 13:24
Damien Snow is currently offline Damien SnowFriend
Hello !

I am a beginner on 4diac (only made the basic tutorials: local and distributed applications) and I want to interact with ROS to publish a float64 in a topic named speed_value.

I found the documentation page (https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/communication/ros.html) that talk about ROS communication and I want to know if the module work on Ubuntu 20.04 with ROS Noetic. The documentation configuration is Ubuntu 14.04 and ROS Indigo so I want to know if the module is still updated.

I also tried to follow the tutorial by cloning git repository (git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/4diac/org.eclipse.4diac.forte.git) but it doesn't work at all. Do you have the link of an updated and working tutorial to install FORTE with ROS module or to install ROS module on an existing FORTE configuration please?

Thank you very much !
Previous Topic:Can the algorithms in FB written in Java?
Next Topic:CAsn1Layer:: serializeData Failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:50:22 GMT 2024