Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How do I sign Jars when exporting an Eclipse RCP product?
How do I sign Jars when exporting an Eclipse RCP product? [message #1852578] Tue, 24 May 2022 16:26 Go to next message
Mario Marinato is currently offline Mario MarinatoFriend
My team develops an Eclipse RCP application, and we want to sign our jars when the product is exported, but we didn't find a way to do this. Interface-wise, jars signing is available only through features and plugins export commands, not through product export.

So far, we tried to add signing information on our plugins build.properties files and on some of the files located on eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build\scripts. Nothing changed and our plugins were still unsigned.

We understand that we have to use Ant instructions to achieve that, but we don't know neither how or where we do it.

How do I sign Jars when exporting an Eclipse RCP product?

Mário Marinato
From Brazil
Re: How do I sign Jars when exporting an Eclipse RCP product? [message #1852582 is a reply to message #1852578] Wed, 25 May 2022 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
I don't expect that you will get much responses here. As you are using the IDE to export, I suggest you either report the missing signing option as a issue or ask your question on discussions on the new GitHub home of PDE: https://github.com/eclipse-pde/eclipse.pde/

Furthermore, I can suggest you to look into Maven Tycho to build your plugins from the command line, so you can fully automate your build process. This tutorial also includes jar-signing: https://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseTycho/article.html
Re: How do I sign Jars when exporting an Eclipse RCP product? [message #1852587 is a reply to message #1852582] Wed, 25 May 2022 11:51 Go to previous message
Mario Marinato is currently offline Mario MarinatoFriend
Hey, Rolf, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I noticed this forum has been quite quiet.

We've been searching a lot, looking for information on the topic, and everything points to Maven Tycho. We're going to look into that.

What really bugs me is, how hard it is to make something so useful work. I even checked Bugzilla: there are some really old discussions on the topic, and it seemed to be solved. But we have tried every combination of settings possible and nothing worked.

Anyway, thanks again for he reply.

Maven Tycho... here we go!

Mário Marinato
From Brazil
Previous Topic:RCP Application do not export product with Babel feature
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP Application cannot find logback implemenmtation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 11:03:29 GMT 2024