Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly(Splitter padding & Intelij Plugin)
Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852372] Thu, 12 May 2022 08:29 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hi all,

So i have a java Scout22 application and i wanted to know 2 things.

1) Is it possible to reduce the whitespace between the splitter and the other components. As you can see in picture 1 the whitespace between the table and the splitter is really big. Is there a easy way to reduce that? We tried it with css but the result was not really working.

2) I am using intellij to code the scout application. Now i have the newest scout plugin for intellij (12.0.0.2111151344). It appears that since i am using Scout22 the plugin seems to not work correctly. I can generate pages and forms but it only generates the client classes. It doesnt generate the formData classes or Services. Now my question is, is that intended or did i do something wrong?

Thank you all for your help,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852431 is a reply to message #1852372] Mon, 16 May 2022 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luka Cavic is currently offline Luka CavicFriend
1) Add this to your tableField and parent GroupBox field: getConfiguredStatusVisible() set it to false. This area is reserved for status of field to display to user. Or change its position with getConfiguredStatusPosition().
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852434 is a reply to message #1852431] Mon, 16 May 2022 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luka,

Thank you for your answer. I tried it out and it worked :)

Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852458 is a reply to message #1852434] Tue, 17 May 2022 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fritz Schinkel is currently offline Fritz SchinkelFriend
Hi Luis,

your plugin version 12.0.0.2111151344 (November 2021) seems not to be the latest one, but maybe it is the latest one for your IDE-version, as we had some compatibility issues (12.0.1.220591514 only works until IntelliJ 213.*).
I just uploaded an update but it might take some time (1-2 business days) until it is published as JetBrains is reviewing it. I apologize for the delay.
Maybe try an older IDE-version or check again after the update is published.
If there are still problems with the FormData- and Service-generation on a newer plugin version I will have a look.

Kind regards,
Fritz
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852611 is a reply to message #1852458] Fri, 27 May 2022 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Fritz

Thank you for updating the plugin :). I tested it in our project out and it still doesnt seem to be working correclty.

But then i tested it in a fresh Scout Project out and it works perfectly for some reason. So it might just be this specific scout Project we have. But i dont really understand what the problem there is since i dont get an error.

Regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852700 is a reply to message #1852611] Wed, 01 June 2022 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Luis

The Scout plugin tries to find a Maven module of type "shared" and "server" to store the FormData and the Service. Maybe it cannot find a Module of this type?

Can you please share the pom Dependencies of your shared and server modules? Are there maybe by accident wrong dependencies e.g. in the shared module?

Kind regards
Mat
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852762 is a reply to message #1852700] Fri, 03 June 2022 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mh ok, well i attached both pom files. Maybe you can find something that i cant see :D.

Maybe it helps to say that we migrated this project from scout 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 22. Maybe something along that way got lost.

Thank you in advice and regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852764 is a reply to message #1852762] Fri, 03 June 2022 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luis

One thing might be unusual: Having the dependency "org.eclipse.scout.rt.server.jdbc" in the shared module. This basically makes your shared module to a server module, right?

But I am not sure if removing this dependency is possible for you and if it would improve things for the IntelliJ plugin. Maybe you can try that?

Kind regards
Mat
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852766 is a reply to message #1852764] Fri, 03 June 2022 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so after removing the dependency the plugin worked again. But now the server wont start. I attached the output of the log to my message, maybe you see something so i can make it work without the dependency.

I just changed the names of the propertie keys in the .txt file, so dont be confused.

Regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852767 is a reply to message #1852766] Fri, 03 June 2022 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luis

The error is "Cannot start platform due to 33 invalid config properties: [key1, key2, key3, key4, key5, key6, key7, key8, key9, key10, key11, key12, key13, key14, key15, key16, key17, key18, key19, key20, key21, key22, key23, key24, key25, key26, key27, key28, key29, key30, key31, key32, key33]". So it seems you have properties in your config.properties files which actually don't exist in the application?

So either remove those unused properties from your config files or (if they are used somewhere else) implement an IConfigurationValidator which marks them as valid.
Still I don't know the relation to the removed dependency. And why it worked before.

Anyway adding a server dependency to the shared module seems quite dangerous to me, as this dependency is then also available in the client (which results in a server&client mix). Or are you using the serverbridge module and only use one WAR file?

Kind regards
Mat
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852770 is a reply to message #1852767] Fri, 03 June 2022 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mat,

Well it basically says that all my custom props are not used. But they all are. Cause for all those properties i made sure that there are Property classes that extend the AbstractStringConfigProperty. I thought that would be enough.

So in that case i just add an IConfigurationValidator implementation and we´ll see how it works then.

But you are totally right adding a server dependency to the shared module is dangerous. I dont know why that was added there.

No we are not using the bridge module.

Regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852771 is a reply to message #1852770] Fri, 03 June 2022 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luis

You are right: Creating AbstractStringConfigProperty classes with these keys should be sufficient. Those are automatically validated by Scout. So then no custom IConfigurationValidator is required.

Then the issue might be, that these properties are not available in your server application? In which module are those properties implemented? And is this module added to the dependencies of the server?

Kind regards
Mat

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2022 10:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852772 is a reply to message #1852771] Fri, 03 June 2022 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mat,

So with my implemantation of the IConfigurationValidator it works without any errors.

Well the propertie classes that extend the AbstractStringConfigProperty are in the server module. But the actual .properties files are in the server.app.dev / server.app.war module.

Regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852773 is a reply to message #1852772] Fri, 03 June 2022 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Luis

This seems correct to me. Those property classes are public, have a no-arg-constructor and are static classes if they are nested?
Your server module contains a scout.xml file under src/main/resources/META-INF?

Because then they should be found by the default validation and your new IConfigurationValidator should not be necessary. I would recommend to remove it and track down why it is not found without it. Otherwise we might miss some other issues.

After removing your new IConfigurationValidator you could e.g. debug the class ConfigPropertyValidator during the server startup. It will build a map "m_configProperties" that holds all properties known by name. This map should include your custom properties.

Does this help?
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852774 is a reply to message #1852773] Fri, 03 June 2022 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mat,

All my propertie classes are nested, static and public, yes. I also have a scout.xml in META-INF directory. There is not much in it but it exists.

I debugged the ConfigPropertyValidator and my properties are in the map. According to the ConfigPropertyValidator every propertiy is valid too.

But now it seems to be working for some reason, maybe there was something old cached.

Thank you very much for your amazing help, now you deserve a cold beverage of your choice and have a nice weekend :)

Regards,
Luis
Re: Resize the splitter padding & Intelij plugin not working correctly [message #1852775 is a reply to message #1852774] Fri, 03 June 2022 11:42 Go to previous message
Hi Luis

Ok, glad we made it work :)

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend too :)
Previous Topic:AbstractPageField for creating sub-forms
Next Topic:BeanCreationException: could not create bean class for a LookupService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:11:13 GMT 2024