Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Unresolved symbol from included header(Included header is resolved, but symbol defined in that header is not resloved)
Unresolved symbol from included header [message #1852021] Tue, 26 April 2022 02:01
John Madsen is currently offline John MadsenFriend
I am using Eclipse V4.21.0. I have a CMake project that includes a header (#include "driver/spi_master.h"). If I clean the project then build it, it crunches away for a while, then tells me "Build complete (0 errors, 0 warnings)."

However, in the Project Explorer I can see a red x next to a file and in the editor there is an error marker. Hovering the mouse over the marker tells me that the "Symbol SPI_TRANS_USE_RXDATA could not be resolved." SPI_TRANS_USE_RXDATA is defined in spi_master.h (#define SPI_TRANS_USE_RXDATA (1<<2)). spi_master.h is definitely resolved, if I change the path I get a "?" and structures and functions defined in the header are not flagged as unresolved. When I try to download the project I get a dialog box saying there are errors.

Any thoughts?
Previous Topic:Sources are not shown during remote target debugging
Next Topic:Installation 2022-03 with remote development for raspberry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:39:37 GMT 2024