Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Detail formatter code and class resolving(How to solve class access for the classes needed by the code snippet of a Detail formatter)
Detail formatter code and class resolving [message #1851550] Fri, 08 April 2022 09:26 Go to next message
Jacques Klein is currently offline Jacques KleinFriend
In my attempt to get a better display of a some object types ( instead the result of Object.toString() ) I am stuck with the fact that the classes I use in the code snippet are not found at execution. To be known, I cannot override the method toString() in my app. because the object types come from "external" libraries (.jars).

How/What does Eclipse "load" in it's debugger context?, are there ways to add the needed .jars in order for the code snippet to execute without "The type .... cannot be resolved" errors ?.

Thanks for any help/hint,
jacqkl
Re: Detail formatter code and class resolving [message #1851570 is a reply to message #1851550] Fri, 08 April 2022 17:41 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
I did not understand the question completely, but have you explored the possibility to use the Logical Structure definition to provide other ways to present data instead of Object.toString().

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:ASTParser - Running on JDK11, analysing JDK8 classes
Next Topic:SLF4J ERROR MESSAGE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 23:02:18 GMT 2024