Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unable to launch Eclipse applications(Launch of Hello World Command plugin blocked due to unresolved requirement)
Unable to launch Eclipse applications [message #1851443] Tue, 05 April 2022 21:34
Richard Steiger is currently offline Richard SteigerFriend
This issue is similar that reported by Jenny Strømmen , 11/21 [https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1109556&goto=1848346&#msg_1848346]

I'm attempting to create my first plugin, using a recently installed committers-2022-03 (4.23.0) installation.
Creating the "Hello world Command" plugin using the PDE works without apparent failure, but attempting to debug the plugin (via launching the plugin in an Eclipse App), fails as follows:
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator, Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"

See attached log for details.

Given the unresolved requirement indication, I tried rebuilding with Execution Environment set to JavaSE-8, JavaSE-11, and both, all products consistently fail as above. Comparing the project's config.ini with 2021-12 shows no glaring configuration omissions.

The fact that the plugin's Execution Environment setting in the creation wizard has no effect on this error raises the questions "what bundle is contributing the requirement", and "where can I search all configured bundles"?

This is blocking a new initiative to leverage RCP to build tools and systems. Any help would be appreciated to the max.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2022 21:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Build Dependency Problem. Required Bundle does not work.
Next Topic:Eclipse PDE: dynamic StyleRange
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:05:48 GMT 2024