Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Strange debugging behavior
Strange debugging behavior [message #1851416] Tue, 05 April 2022 10:07 Go to next message
Luca Baccinelli is currently offline Luca BaccinelliFriend
I'm developing with this configuration:

wildfly 21 eclipse: Version: 2021-09 (4.21.0) Build id: 20210910-1417

everything goes the right way but sometimes(often, 3 times/month) a strange bug appears. Let me explain:

sometimes the webserver cannot find existing servlets(although I'm not working on them so I haven't changed their code)
sometimes while debugging variables are null although I've initialized them, ex. I've got an ArrayList and the debugger marks it as null but when the debugger arrives at myArrayList.add(obj), no error is shown so I suppose it's only an eclipse debug bug because the landing page then loads succesfully but with it's list elements doubled and I cannot actually debug or continue working. After some hours(or sometimes the next day) of cleaning webserver, project, updating maven, deleting .m2 folder, and other temporary folders of eclipse and webserver or maybe the next day, the bug is gone and I can keep working like before and the strange thing is that I haven't made any change to my code.
Anyone is having the same issues?

Note: I'm having these issues since 3 versions ago of eclipse ago.
Re: Strange debugging behavior [message #1851469 is a reply to message #1851416] Wed, 06 April 2022 10:55 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Please report an issue at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20ServerTools

Also try adding a watchpoint to the ArrayList object to watch which thread/Class is changing that object to null after the initialization code.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:Unable to Install Golang plugin
Next Topic:ASTParser - Running on JDK11, analysing JDK8 classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:59:23 GMT 2024