Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency(How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency)
How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851156] Tue, 29 March 2022 08:17 Go to next message
Weixing Zhang is currently offline Weixing ZhangFriend
Hi,

I need org.eclipse.ocl in my project, and I do have installed all the OCL SDK, however, when I click "Add" button in my dependencies page, I couldn't see org.eclipse.ocl

If anyone could give me a hint, I appreciate in advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2022 08:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851157 is a reply to message #1851156] Tue, 29 March 2022 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your screenshot looks exactly like the MANIFEST.MF add dependencies, so it seems you are doing what I would expect. However I am somewhat at a loss to explain how nothing could appear.

Perhaps one of your "org.eclipse.ocl" characters is a non-ASCII look alike - unlikely.

Perhaps OCL is not installed. Try adding org.eclipse.emf, I suspect that too is missing. You could check Help->About Eclipse->Installation Details->Plugins to see what is really installed and Help->About Eclipse->Installation Details->Configuration to see what started.

I'm not sure where org.eclipse.osgi came from. I never declare it explicitly since it always comes in transitively. Perhaps you created a strange kind of project.

A ZIP of your project might shed some insights on whatever magic you have configured.

The Error Log might show something bad, or maybe you overlooked something while installing.

Bottom line. What you describe is 'impossible'. Something bad has happened.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851182 is a reply to message #1851157] Tue, 29 March 2022 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Ed!
Sorry for presenting insufficient information in my question. Now I have add org.eclipse.ocl successfully, but I don't know why. It's weird, I did install ocl SDK and everything, but seems it didn't work, and the ocl was installed from marketplace, so I removed it and installed it again from "Install New Software...". After doing that, org.eclipse.ocl could exist in the dependencies window.

I don't know the org.eclipse.osgi either, actually I am studying org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml projects in which you are one of the contributors. When I clone the whole repository of org.eclipse.qvto, I got a lot of errors, and what I asked was one of the issues.
So by the way, I have a new question for you: there is a text file called "QVTOperational.xtext" in the folder: org.eclipse.qvto.examples.xtext.qvtoperational/src/org/eclipse/qvto/examples/xtext/qvtoperational/, I want to know how did you make this file, is it automatically generated from the QVTOperationalCS.ecore or manually created?

Again, thank you so much.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2022 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851186 is a reply to message #1851182] Wed, 30 March 2022 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I've been unable to update the installation on Marketplace for over a year, so at best it's out of date. Sadly the Bugzilla is unanswered.

I'm not entirely clear why we provide OCL on the marketplace when SimRel is much easier and works. I guess users who ignore the documentation and seach in the wrong place need help.

Maybe I'll withdraw the Marketplace entry, or just change its documentation.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851188 is a reply to message #1851186] Wed, 30 March 2022 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I cannot find the Bugzilla reporting the inability to add OCL versions. Maybe I dreamt it, but I'm pretty sure I pinged it...

Anyway, I suspect the 'bug' is that the Marketplace doesn't support more than 10 solutions, and with 4 solutions per year now that limit was reached too rapidly. So I've overwritten the 5.0.5 entry by 6.17.1 and tested by:

a) Unzip Eclipse Platform SDK
b) Edit Eclipse.ini to point to a Java >= 11 JVM
c) Start Eclipse
d) Install Market Place client from SimRel
e) Restart
f) DND the 6.17.1 OCL
g) Restart EClipse
h) all seems ok

NB. The above approach compares unfavourably to the recommended and simpler and version synchronous

a) Unzip Eclipse Platform SDK
b) Edit Eclipse.ini to point to a Java >= 11 JVM
c) Start Eclipse
d) Install OCL from SimRel
e) Restart

I suspect the strangeness of your observations was down to the evolution of the platform from Java 8 minimum to Java 11 minimum. You installed the 'most recent' 6.11.0 OCL with too much pre-Java 11 content.

Thanks for reporting and hopefully saving some other users from grief too.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851189 is a reply to message #1851188] Wed, 30 March 2022 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Much simpler explanation.

All versions of OCL on the Marketplace were so old that they had been moved to archive, so you probably overlooked a message indiicating an installation failure.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: How could I add org.eclipse.ocl as a dependency [message #1851190 is a reply to message #1851189] Wed, 30 March 2022 09:22 Go to previous message
Yes, I ignored the necessary information, so now I know I should install software from "Install new software..." first, if failed, then consider go to marketplace.

Thank you for you reply!
Previous Topic:Get annotations from type rather than instance
Next Topic:Check stereotype applications via static profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:38:42 GMT 2024