Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools?(Looking for archive)
Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools? [message #1850592] Wed, 09 March 2022 10:34 Go to next message
Wayne Brissette is currently offline Wayne BrissetteFriend
With all the updates done to the location of various files, I'm looking for the archive of the Kepler Eclipse Web Developer Tools.

The vendor of our current CMS built their system around Kepler (and while not supported the latest version of Eclipse that I can get to run with their system is Juno, but they don't even support that). One of the tools we have our internal folks use is snippets, which is available as part of the Eclipse Java Web Developer Tools bundle. However, I can't seem to locate that in the archives anywhere.

Can somebody clue me in as to where that bundle for Kepler was moved to?

Thanks,
Wayne
Re: Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools? [message #1850595 is a reply to message #1850592] Wed, 09 March 2022 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What makes you think it's moved? Where exactly are you looking?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2022 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools? [message #1850596 is a reply to message #1850595] Wed, 09 March 2022 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It used to be we could use the Install New Software and point to: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler to get a listing of additional options including the Eclipse Web Developer Tools (where snippets lives). Now if I point to that location it fails because the older releases (Kepler, Luna, etc.) were moved to the archive. I just can't quite workout where these additional tools have been moved to.
Re: Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools? [message #1850598 is a reply to message #1850596] Wed, 09 March 2022 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The downloads were moved, but the update site should still be fine--only a bit slower than before.

Running
eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/ -list|grep jst.web_ui
would seem to confirm that.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2022 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Very old (Kepler) Java Web Developer Tools? [message #1850601 is a reply to message #1850598] Wed, 09 March 2022 16:09 Go to previous message
How odd... I had several reports of this not working from folks I support yesterday, and I tried it and it failed for me too. But now it *is* working. Very odd.
Previous Topic:Marketplace via HTTP (not HTTPS)
Next Topic:Version Support Info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:12:33 GMT 2024