Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Unable to get Vertical ScrollBar for a Combo(getVerticalBar() for a Combo always returns null)
Unable to get Vertical ScrollBar for a Combo [message #1850130] Thu, 17 February 2022 07:52 Go to next message
Rajesh Nair is currently offline Rajesh NairFriend
I am using a standard SWT Combo widget.

The data shown in this Combo could be large in number. So I am trying to display 500 results initially, and I intend to dynamically load more values from the server, when the user drags down the Vertical ScrollBar for the Combo.
The idea is to add a SelectionListener to the ScrollBar for this purpose.

But I notice that even when the Vertical ScrollBar is being displayed for the Combo, the getVeriticalBar() call always returns a null value. Is this a bug?

Call being made:
ScrollBar verticalScrollBar = combo.getVerticalBar();

Thanks for any inputs/pointers on how to solve this issue.
Re: Unable to get Vertical ScrollBar for a Combo [message #1850170 is a reply to message #1850130] Sat, 19 February 2022 04:59 Go to previous message
Martin J is currently offline Martin JFriend
I think the scrollbar you try to get is not part of Combo. It may be something like dynamically created popup menu.
Previous Topic:Constructor of Browser class get stuck with org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_64-3.118.0
Next Topic:Indeterminate progress bar animation problem on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:22:44 GMT 2024