Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Convert RCP plugin project to a Maven project
Convert RCP plugin project to a Maven project [message #1850119] Wed, 16 February 2022 22:38 Go to next message
Santiago Gil is currently offline Santiago GilFriend
I have an RCP plugin project that I would like to convert into a Maven project preferably, to simplify the build process, and so that the project dependencies, etc. can be also handled using pom.xml.

Of course there is a known process to complete this by "Configure --> Convert to Maven Project" but I saw when I did this that pom.xml was basically empty and that relevant dependencies known by the project were not added to the pom.xml. I could not see a way to update the pom.xml automatically with these dependencies (but there did seem a way to update the project dependencies from the pom which is undesirable because the pom did not have any dependencies when generated).

Is there a way in Eclipse to convert the plugin project to a Maven project avoiding these types of issues or would it be a manual work where dependencies have to be added manually one by one into the pom.xml?

Is there another way to create/generate this pom? (I had considered running ant from maven using an Eclipse-generated ant build.xml file but the generated build.xml file raised errors during compilation when invoked via ant).

Not sure what you guys would recommend.

Thank you.
Re: Convert RCP plugin project to a Maven project [message #1850125 is a reply to message #1850119] Thu, 17 February 2022 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i dont know any way. this is also not an Xtext specific question.
just to double check: you no longer want to have a eclipse plugin AT ALL
you may check what the new Xtext project wizard generates if you deselect eclipse and use maven as build system.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Convert RCP plugin project to a Maven project [message #1850131 is a reply to message #1850119] Thu, 17 February 2022 08:03 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Be aware that building Eclipse RCP Plugins won't work with "plain" Maven builds. This requires that you use Eclipse Tycho for the easiest way. Alternatively there are projects using BndTools.

Anyway, it is manual work. Best you start by looking at some example project where the setup is already there and then adopt it to your needs.
Previous Topic:Dsl runtime library
Next Topic:Xtext&Xtend Milestone 2.26.0.RC1 is available now
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:27:16 GMT 2024