Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception(Acceleo Plugin not able to download to our Local repository and getting SSL Handshake Exception)
Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849837] Fri, 04 February 2022 07:24 Go to next message
Lavya Thippabathini is currently offline Lavya ThippabathiniFriend
Hello,

We are facing Acceleo issue in our project where we are not able to build our project .We are using acceleo 3.5.0-Snapshot version and it is present in central repository https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/acceleo.
Even though it is present in central repository maven is not able to download to our local (.m2) repository ,this failing our project compilation
and we are getting SSLHandshakeException.

what is reason for getting this error?
could you please suggest ways to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849853 is a reply to message #1849837] Fri, 04 February 2022 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Acceleo 3.5.0 is nearly 8 years old. Most likely you are not using a consistent set of 8 year old contributions, or modern tooling does not support really vintage functionalities. I certainly hit a problem trying to get OOMPH to build an Oxygen installation; the GIT unpack crashed with a cannot-delete.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849937 is a reply to message #1849853] Wed, 09 February 2022 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thanks for your response.
Acceleo plugin is a dependency to build our project. we can't remove it.
could you please suggest ways to resolve this issue by keeping the acceleo plugin ?

Regards
Lavya
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849938 is a reply to message #1849937] Wed, 09 February 2022 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I suggest you use an official and up to date distribution. https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/acceleo looks like a releng typo. It seems to contains 2014 versions of OCL.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849942 is a reply to message #1849938] Wed, 09 February 2022 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
Thank you for your quick reply.
we will check by using latest version of acceleo.

could please suggest a plugin that can be used as a replacement of acceleo ?

Regards
Lavya
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1849959 is a reply to message #1849942] Wed, 09 February 2022 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Acceleo is multiple plugins and any replacement will probably be similar.

If you are already using Acceleo, then I recommnd that you stick with it. It is very stable so all you have to do is sort out a 'small' releng problem. Moving to anything else will probably be a much larger releng problem quite apart from the migration difficulties.

(A small, albeit awkward, releng problem is not by itself a good reason to change horses. You want to have useful demonstrable technical benefits to outweigh the pain of a change.)

For my own work I use a mix of Xtend string-template favoured Java and straight Java but with most of the heavy lifting performed as M2M rather than M2T. Unfortunately Xtend appears to be heading towards EOL so I wouldn't recommend migrating to it.

Perhaps JET has the best future prospects since it is an important part of EMF. However it is a much older technology.

It is possible to use QVTo/QVTr for M2T, however there are some rough edges that need smoothing off before I can recommend them.

Regards

Ed Willink

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2022 19:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1850152 is a reply to message #1849959] Fri, 18 February 2022 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi
Thank you for your reply.

we are checking on replacing acceleo plugin with another plugin which has same functionality as acceleo. we are thinking to replace acceleo with tycho plugin.

could you please confirm is it okay to replace acceleo with tycho? if yes,could you please suggest appropriate tycho dependency that can be used as replacement.

Thank you for help in advance.

Regards

Lavya
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1850154 is a reply to message #1850152] Fri, 18 February 2022 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Acceleo is an M2T tool. Tycho is a Build tool. Replacing Acceleo by Tycho is absolutely not sensible.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1850155 is a reply to message #1850154] Fri, 18 February 2022 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I have been searching about QVTo/QVTr and about JET for a while ,but can't able to find approriate sites. could you please provide any reference links for QVTo/QVTr and JET .

Regards
Lavya

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2022 09:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Acceleo issue- SSL Handshake Exception [message #1850158 is a reply to message #1850155] Fri, 18 February 2022 11:44 Go to previous message
Hi

Sorry. It seems like it's time that I recommend you find a colleague who can show you how to use Google for searching.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Acceleo Traceability
Next Topic:Acceleo or Xtend , to be used for model to text transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:33:03 GMT 2024