Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse.(How do I change the path? )
Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse. [message #1849712] Sun, 30 January 2022 20:55 Go to next message
Clifton Liles is currently offline Clifton LilesFriend
I moved my project from one computer to another. Now the path to the
android.jar is wrong. How do I change it.
I have looked for a solution, but all that I can find are for earlier versions of eclipse and do not work for the current version. See below:
index.php/fa/41603/0/

My current version of eclipse is shown below:
index.php/fa/41605/0/

I have went to windows→preferences→andriod and changed the path to be correct. See below:
index.php/fa/41606/0/
I restarted eclipse after this and still no joy. Note the API 19 is in the list.
Cliff
  • Attachment: android1.png
    (Size: 28.01KB, Downloaded 293 times)
  • Attachment: eclipse1.png
    (Size: 32.54KB, Downloaded 262 times)
  • Attachment: android2.png
    (Size: 27.86KB, Downloaded 283 times)

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft products.
Re: Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse. [message #1849720 is a reply to message #1849712] Mon, 31 January 2022 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I guess you installed this:

https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/android-development-tools-eclipse

And that points at this as the support page:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android

If you use the view menu of the Package or Project explorer for Filters... and uncheck ".* resources" you'll see files like .classpath and .project in the explorer. The .classpath is where the information about the "Java Build Path" is stored. I assume the absolute path of the "android.jar" is not hard coded here, right?

E.g., for the JRE this entry is there:
classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-11"/>
Assuming it's not hard coded, then it must come from some value in the preferences...

If all else fails, you could try to paw though the files/subfolders in <workspace>/.metadata to see if the bad value is stored there somewhere...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse. [message #1849738 is a reply to message #1849720] Mon, 31 January 2022 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I certainly looked for answers in stackoverflow and elsewhere. I thought that this being an Eclipse problem, I would ask here first. The Project explorer for Filters, tip was a good one, but yielded no answers. I have searched through all the files in the project and fond no trace of the offending path. It must be somewhere.

Re: Bad path to andriod.jar in eclipse. [message #1849742 is a reply to message #1849712] Mon, 31 January 2022 20:28 Go to previous message
Well I just deleted it and all the errors went away. I do not know what deleting it will mean in the future. Well it did not appear to work, so I have moved to Android Studio.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2022 19:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:The package xxx is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed> (2)
Next Topic:Custom Code Generation With Global Variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:06:19 GMT 2024