Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » How do I synchronize my Eclipse PHP (Git) Directory with a Windows IIS localhost folder
How do I synchronize my Eclipse PHP (Git) Directory with a Windows IIS localhost folder [message #1849617] Wed, 26 January 2022 23:11
jeremy mitchell is currently offline jeremy mitchellFriend
Hi,

I have a PHP project on my windows pc in an eclipse working directory, it uses composer and git source control.

To test code I have an IIS webservice running my website (it's in the default inetpub directory created by IIS).

When saving code or using an eclipse option like RUN, I would like the updated source code to be copied from my working directory to the IIS "inetpub" directory. Then I can save code and check it out in the browser straight away. How do I set this up?

- Initially it looked like "Synchronised PHP Project" would be perfect, but that only seams to work with remote servers with a username/password.

- I also thought that using XDEBUG might be of help with the debug option turned off. I Haven't used that feature yet, what do you think?

- The most obviously suggestion would be to move my eclipse project + git file to the local host webserver directory, which is how I used to work. I tried to move away from this recently to organise my projects in a more professional away and also avoid working in the iis directory, as being a WordPress plugin, it's possible that WordPress could mess up that directory, although that's not happened in the past. If there's no better option, I'll go back to this. (And try to sync my git files with another directory more regularly)

Thanks for you help.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2022 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse compains "Unable to generate valid launch configuration"
Next Topic:Auto closing parenthesis in php file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:49:41 GMT 2024