Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Perspectives for Papyrus / Sirius / Capella?
Perspectives for Papyrus / Sirius / Capella? [message #1849561] Tue, 25 January 2022 13:03 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

I have seen some commits on the official git repository dedicated to the integration of Sirius diagrams in Papyrus. As Capella is based on Sirius, I would know if in the future (which term?), it would be possible to open a Capella diagram (or even a model?) in Papyrus.

Regards
Yoann.
Re: Perspectives for Papyrus / Sirius / Capella? [message #1849567 is a reply to message #1849561] Tue, 25 January 2022 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Yoann,
thank you for addressing this topic. At the last EclipseCon also Theia based modeling was addressed.
So also from myside:
What is the short-, mid- and long-term planning?
Kind regards,
Carsten
Re: Perspectives for Papyrus / Sirius / Capella? [message #1849632 is a reply to message #1849567] Thu, 27 January 2022 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
I will be not possible to open Capella model because, to my knowledge, this is not pure UML. The work in progress is to use sirius techonology to create diagrams for UML.
Patrick
Re: Perspectives for Papyrus / Sirius / Capella? [message #1849651 is a reply to message #1849632] Thu, 27 January 2022 19:35 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

This is an interesting and fairly dramatic evolution. Given the commonality of many diagrams and the potential for UMLDI definition, will you providing a UMLDI to Sirius converter.

Sirius has always struck me as a powerful (better than GEF / GMF) capability, but still rather primitive. Tree editing is not it for a friendly graphical tool. It really should be replaced by Xtext DSLs so that everything is visible and intelligible.

Are you going to provide something more manageable?

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:copy classes from one model to another
Next Topic:External access to UML model element?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:22:23 GMT 2024