Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Functional blocks without ECCs(Where to find the description of the FB's behavior without ECC)
Functional blocks without ECCs [message #1849558] Tue, 25 January 2022 10:19 Go to next message
irman faqrizal is currently offline irman faqrizalFriend
Hello, I'm new to 4Diac and IEC 61499.
I have a question, where can I find the description of the functional block's behavior when it does not have ECC?

As an example, for E_SR I can go to the file located in the
"Type Library/events/E_SR.fbt", then I can find in this file (which is in XML format) a tag "BasicFB".
However, for E_DELAY this description doesn't exist (there is only a tag called "Service").

Thanks,
Irman
Re: Functional blocks without ECCs [message #1849570 is a reply to message #1849558] Tue, 25 January 2022 21:12 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Irman,

these are so called service interface function blocks. Such function blocks are device specific and do not have an implementation in IEC 61499. Some of these have a description with service sequence diagrams. But us 4diac IDE just recently got a somehow useable service sequence editor many of the service interface FBs don't have a sequence diagram. For some of the FBs you can find some explanation in the fields of the type information property sheet and in the comments of the different pins.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:Implementing OPC UA Pub/Sub
Next Topic:one FB produce two Events, but only one outputValue, Does 4DIAC result meet the 61499
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:02:58 GMT 2024