Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » encoding problem in Talend
encoding problem in Talend [message #1849478] Fri, 21 January 2022 07:00 Go to next message
Philippe Chantry is currently offline Philippe ChantryFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: January 2022
Junior Member
Hi all,

I asked the question on stackoverflow but I got no answer so far. Talend beeing an Eclipse Based Application, I ask here.

I just unzipped Talend Open Studio (TOS) v8.0.1 on a my Ubuntu 20.04 laptop.

When I launch it I get the "license agreement" page and there is an encoding problem as shown in fig 1: index.php/fa/41570/0/.

Using the app, I get the same issue in all multi-line fields, as show in fig 2 index.php/fa/41571/0/. I imported some project and ran it: it worked as usual, but the console log shows the same encoding problem.

I tried various JDK (openjdk-11, Zulu openjdk-11, Oracle JDK 11, openjdk-13) and other versions of TOS (v6.4.1, v7.5.1). Tried various LANG environment variable values (fr_FR.UTF-8, en_IN.UTF-8). Tried to change fonts in Preferences. Tried to launch TOS from another newly created unix account. None of these attempts worked.

The Talend community support has no more ideas so far.

The problem seems very difficult to reproduce (one colleage with same laptop and OS doesn't see it). On my laptop, Eclipse itself does not show the problem, nor do other EBAs like Dbeaver.

Thank you
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849494 is a reply to message #1849478] Fri, 21 January 2022 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend
Messages: 4264
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

That looks less like an encoding issue and more like a font issue. Does the same thing happen with Eclipse itself, and not just with Talend?

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849497 is a reply to message #1849494] Fri, 21 January 2022 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe Chantry is currently offline Philippe ChantryFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: January 2022
Junior Member
No, in Eclipse I don't see the problem. For instance when I compile a maven package, the output in the console looks OK.

I tried changing some fonts in Preferences of Talend, the problem is still there.
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849564 is a reply to message #1849497] Tue, 25 January 2022 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend
Messages: 4264
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Looks like you need to contact Talend, or ask in their community.

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849587 is a reply to message #1849564] Wed, 26 January 2022 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe Chantry is currently offline Philippe ChantryFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: January 2022
Junior Member
Thank you for yout suggestion.
TOS is a free app, Talend won't help.
And Talend community support has no more idea.
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849590 is a reply to message #1849587] Wed, 26 January 2022 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 32491
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
It really does look like a font problem but given we don't know this application we can say where or how you can change the font.

Have you gone through all the settings in General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts? The ones with the Aa icon are the font preferences, and these show a preview for that font, so perhaps you can find the font that doesn't render in the preferences and change it to one that does. The Edit.. button also shows a list of the fonts rendered in that font, so maybe there are ones with boxes here too...


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: encoding problem in Talend [message #1849601 is a reply to message #1849590] Wed, 26 January 2022 14:38 Go to previous message
Philippe Chantry is currently offline Philippe ChantryFriend
Messages: 4
Registered: January 2022
Junior Member
I had tried to change some fonts, indeed.
In Preferences, colors and fonts, all the Aa fonts display normally in the preview.
I also changed the 4 default system fonts.
None of these attempts worked.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:The import org.apache.batik cannot be resolved
Next Topic:How to build Amazon FreeRTOS example in Eclipse ESP-IDF for ESP32
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Sep 25 08:34:23 GMT 2022

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03729 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top