Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » 5G/NG-RAN, O-RAN testing with Titan
5G/NG-RAN, O-RAN testing with Titan [message #1849458] Thu, 20 January 2022 15:03 Go to next message
Andre Puschmann is currently offline Andre PuschmannFriend
Hey,

I am looking into testing solutions for the gNB side in 5G, especially for newer 3GPP interfaces like F1 and E1, but also O-RAN interfaces in general.

I am not aware of any test cases written that use those interfaces but perhaps someome has already investigated it a bit more.

I am also assuming nothing has changed on the ASN.1 BER/PER support in Titan, would that be correct?

Thanks
Andre
Re: 5G/NG-RAN, O-RAN testing with Titan [message #1849480 is a reply to message #1849458] Fri, 21 January 2022 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Andre,

There was no major change in ASN.1 support in Titan, that's right, we still support BER, but for PER an external codec has to be used.

Regards,
Lenard Nagy
Re: 5G/NG-RAN, O-RAN testing with Titan [message #1849484 is a reply to message #1849480] Fri, 21 January 2022 08:41 Go to previous message
Andre Puschmann is currently offline Andre PuschmannFriend
Hi Lenard,

> There was no major change in ASN.1 support in Titan, that's right, we still support BER, but for PER an external codec has to be used.

Are there any plans to add PER support in the near future? It's such an essential codec in many telco protocols and I'd assume it's of big use for many of us.

Thanks
Andre
Previous Topic:titan.TestPorts.IPL4asp SCTP socket returning wrong sinfo_ppid=0 when receiving data chunk
Next Topic:ETSI TTCN-3 Tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 03:35:32 GMT 2024