Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » HighDPI / UIScaling Support in RAP(HighDPI, UIScaling, Pixel based Components)
HighDPI / UIScaling Support in RAP [message #1849085] Mon, 03 January 2022 08:34 Go to next message
Sebastian Luhn is currently offline Sebastian LuhnFriend
Hi,

the RAP Controls Demo looks very well when viewed on an HighDPI monitor with 200% UI Scaling. However there are some components (CheckBox, RadioBox, Arrows and most of all Canvas) which are rendered blurry.

Furthermore the org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Monitor Class does not have a "getZoom" Method in RAP like its RCP equivalent.

Since the HighDPI Support in RCP works very well, I was wondering if there are some possibilities to achieve the same in RAP, for instance by using a svg instead of the canvas html component.

Thanks for the support,
Sebastian
Re: HighDPI / UIScaling Support in RAP [message #1849146 is a reply to message #1849085] Wed, 05 January 2022 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

there is already opened enhancement request about high dpi icons in JFace (see [1]). As images in Canvas is a completely different topic please open a new bugzilla about it. It will be also helpful to attach a simple self-running snippet that works in SWT, but not in RAP.

[1] 561420: RAP JFace should provide icons in HiDPI
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=561420

Best regards,
Ivan
Re: HighDPI / UIScaling Support in RAP [message #1849560 is a reply to message #1849146] Tue, 25 January 2022 12:19 Go to previous message
Peter Hermsdorf is currently offline Peter HermsdorfFriend
Hi,

i just wanted to create a bugzilla for this issue but then stumbled about this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=529704
I think that's the exact same problem.

I'm attaching our little reproducer example (canvas with some draw operation which looks ok in highdpi on RCP but blurry on highdpi (or browser zoom) in rap) but in the end it's really simple to reproduce.

Would be really good to come to a solution with this problem, since more and more displays are highdpi this days and out application uses a lot of self drawn components like a custom table and graphical ui widgets.

Thanks,
Bye Peter

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2022 11:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:middle align
Next Topic:Nebula RichTextEditor not working on Apache Tomcat (Java 11)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:18:56 GMT 2024