Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram)  () 1 Vote
StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1848946] Sun, 26 December 2021 15:29 Go to next message
Andrea Perri is currently offline Andrea PerriFriend
Hello,

I am trying to modify the style sheet in order to make state invariant constraints visible inside StateMachine diagrams.

I tried things like this and similar:
StateMachineDiagram State > StateInvariant {
	visible:true;
}

I cannot figure out how to refer to StateInvariant.

Hope my explanation was clear enough, thanks in advance.
  • Attachment: stateinva.png
    (Size: 39.97KB, Downloaded 161 times)
Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1848977 is a reply to message #1848946] Mon, 27 December 2021 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Andrea,

I also figured out a way to show invariants as shown in the spec

index.php/fa/41501/0/

Nevertheless I prefer to following notation simply because it is no special case:

index.php/fa/41502/0/

/Carsten

PS I am currently modeling a modeling guideline for agile system modeling. Hints and suggestions are welcome.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 December 2021 19:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1848991 is a reply to message #1848977] Tue, 28 December 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrea Perri is currently offline Andrea PerriFriend
Hello Carsten, thanks for the reply.

So there is no way to automatically display the invariants after specifying it in the UML tab? Without having to also write it manually?

index.php/fa/41504/0/

Thanks.
  • Attachment: umlTab.png
    (Size: 14.52KB, Downloaded 348 times)
Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1848992 is a reply to message #1848991] Tue, 28 December 2021 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just drag'n'drop the constraint created by magic into the diagram and you're done.
/Carsten
Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1849239 is a reply to message #1848992] Mon, 10 January 2022 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alberto Debiasi is currently offline Alberto DebiasiFriend
Hi Carsten,

The style sheet used to customize the theme of the diagrams seems the right place to show the state invariant constraints.

Do you confirm that such approach does not work in this case?

Alberto
Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1849242 is a reply to message #1849239] Mon, 10 January 2022 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alberto,
I am just an Eclipse Papyrus user. I have no stakes in the development of Eclipse Papyrus. As a result I feel not being the right person to confirm this.
But being more on the SE process side, establishing (MB)SE at my customers I already used almost all MBSE tools available. On that base I can confirm you that Eclipse Papyrus beside Eclipse Capella is one of the least buggy. All these tools have issues. I presume every non-trivial piece of software has issues. But I faced the least issues with these two MBSE tools. And I used both a damn lot.
And all of the issues I faced with Eclipse Papyrus and its predecessor Topcased so far are non-blocking issues.
As an example of an issue a personally rate blocker issue: Try the following steps with a commercial MBSE tools, I am not allowed to disclose the name due to its EULA (end user license agreement):
1. create a new UML or SysML project
2. create two elements connected by a directed relation
3. get the provider UUID of the provider element and safe it in a text editor, on paper, or else
4. delete the provider element from the model
5. safe the project
6. to be sure no cashing effects are involved, transfer the project file to another PC
7. re-open the project on the second PC
8. export the model as XMI
9. open the XMI file in a text editor and search the provider UUID
You will face the relation is still in the model and the refId of the provider has no Id counterpart. That tool cannot even ensure referential integrity of the model.
Ok, I first reported that issue some 15 years ago. I have reported it two more times so far and the two times I got the statement: "Thank you for reporting this issue, which is new to us.". Ok, when I confront them with the old tickets, they simply get upset ;-)
/Carsten

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2022 08:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: StateInvariant visualization (StateMachine Diagram) [message #1849350 is a reply to message #1849242] Thu, 13 January 2022 12:49 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello Alberto,
to my mind, it is not possible to display StateInvariant constraint using CSS. You must DnD the Constraint from the ModelExplorer into your diagram.

Regards,
Vincent
Previous Topic:Helping me to update the "How to add a new generator" wiki entry?
Next Topic:[C++ Gen] Is there a way to initialize a slot with a defining feature of multiplicity * ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 02:08:51 GMT 2024