Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to force javadoc generation in presence of errors?(javadoc cannot find a module dependency and generates nothing at all)
How to force javadoc generation in presence of errors? [message #1848889] Wed, 22 December 2021 11:25 Go to next message
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
Is there a way to force javadoc to generate some output, even if javadoc does not know how to find a project dependency?

I have two Eclipse module projects, A and B. Project A depends on project B. Project B appears on project A Modulepath, appears in the Module dependencies tab, appears in Project references, and project A builds and runs correctly. However, javadoc says it cannot find the referenced project B module and refuses to generate anything for project A (which is all I check for generation). I played around with several --module-path and --add-module JVM arguments with no success.

Is there a way to force Eclipse javadoc to generate something for project A, even if javadoc does not know how to access other projects used to build and run project A? Is there a flag to force generation in the presence of errors?

I am using Eclipse 2021-06 J11. I can get javadoc to work on a single project, but not one that has any dependencies. Has anyone been able to generate javadoc when one module project depends on another?
Re: How to force javadoc generation in presence of errors? [message #1848945 is a reply to message #1848889] Sun, 26 December 2021 14:37 Go to previous message
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
I thought I found a workaround, but not quite. If I comment-out the "requires B" in the module-info of project A, then I get tons of build errors, and javadoc errors about missing links, but the Console tab prints what I would expect to see from javadoc. There is no "cannot find module" error. However, although this creates the doc folder, that folder is empty, it still does not generate any javadoc.

Is there any way to get verbose output in the Console tab or log file from the Project -> Generate javadoc... and from the javadoc exe to see how all that is being invoked?
Previous Topic:Eclipse Error Plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.ui was unable to load class
Next Topic:No repository found at https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.21-P-builds/.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:54:45 GMT 2024