Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4diac Modbus Function Blocks(Using Modbus with 4diac/forte)
4diac Modbus Function Blocks [message #1848872] Tue, 21 December 2021 16:44 Go to next message
Mitchell Flaherty is currently offline Mitchell FlahertyFriend
Hello,

I was trying to work out how to use modbus with 4diac. I searched the documentation and found instructions on how to compile forte with modbus support, but nothing on modbus function blocks.

Is it necessary to compile 4diac from source to get modbus support?

Are there modbus function blocks available, or just functions available in structured text?

I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, I searched the forum but did not find anything.
Re: 4diac Modbus Function Blocks [message #1848883 is a reply to message #1848872] Wed, 22 December 2021 10:10 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

yes to get modbus support you need to compile 4diac FORTE from source. As described in the modbus documentation: https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/communication/modbus.html

You need to use communication function blocks. In 4diac FORTE you can use the generic Client/Server or Publish/subscribe blocks for nearly all our support communication systems. You only need to configure the parameters accordingly. For Modbus we currently only support client blocks. The configuration parameters are explained in the documentation mentioned above.
Previous Topic:Set up the Communication Between Both Devices
Next Topic: How to set user token policy in opc ua configuration file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:31:14 GMT 2024