Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Composite association has multiplicity labels on wrong (?) sides(I would expect the labels to be on the opposite sides)
Composite association has multiplicity labels on wrong (?) sides [message #1848649] Sun, 12 December 2021 11:28 Go to next message
Denis Kajdic is currently offline Denis KajdicFriend
Papyrus 5.2.0

When I create a composite association between class A and class B, the labels are shown as on the attached screenshot.

I would expect them to be on the opposite sides and actually, I'm about to extend an existing model which does show the labels that way (the second screenshot, if we assume the class names are again class A and class B).

I couldn't find any place to switch the sides but I suppose there should be an option to change this?

index.php/fa/41440/0/ index.php/fa/41441/0/

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2021 12:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Composite association has multiplicity labels on wrong (?) sides [message #1848651 is a reply to message #1848649] Sun, 12 December 2021 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Denis,
according to the UML 2.5.1 specification (https://www.omg.org/spec/UML) the left side diagram is correct. Take a look at the abstract syntax diagrams to find examples.
/Carsten

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2021 18:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Composite association has multiplicity labels on wrong (?) sides [message #1848653 is a reply to message #1848651] Sun, 12 December 2021 16:54 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

There absolutely should not be an option to swap sides. The visible representation is well-defined and sensible,.

Your right hand screen shot is perverse but not wrong, you've just labelled the wrong ends. I suspect that you have got confused by the complexity of the association end properties. I'm pretty sure I've got them wrong more than once. Once you figure it out, you might care to raise a Bugzilla against the UI ergonomics.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Generate output from diagram content
Next Topic:Papyrus Theme is not applied to my sequence diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:36:36 GMT 2024