Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Minimized console pane opens on right side on build.
Minimized console pane opens on right side on build. [message #1848641] Sat, 11 December 2021 16:11 Go to next message
John Glen is currently offline John GlenFriend
First, I reset all perspectives to ensure this is the default behavior, and there is a pane on the bottom with "Problems", "Tasks", "Console", and "Properties".
Second, I click the minimize button for the pane, and a collapsed toolbar view of the pane shows up on the top right of the main window.
Third, I click Build, and the console opens on the top right instead of at the bottom.

This is undesirable because now my code is being overlapped by a pane. I like to minimize the bottom pane so I have more space to see the code. In order to keep the desired behavior, it appears I would have to manually restore the pane (which successfully opens the pane at the bottom) before each build.

This appears to be related to clicking any one of the children pane icons on the collapsed toolbar view, because when one of these icons is clicked, Eclipse opens the child pane on the top right instead of the bottom, and the build command opens just the build child pane instead of the whole pane.

Is there a way to fix this?
Re: Minimized console pane opens on right side on build. [message #1848658 is a reply to message #1848641] Mon, 13 December 2021 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
From my experience it opens close to the toolbar.
In my installation, that toolbar is last on the left so the console appears (more or
less) on the bottom left. If the toolbar is on the right then it opens from the right.

Generally, to get more space, I double click on an empty area in the editor bar
above or along side the tabs. I usually have multiple editor tabs open which
causes blank space area above the tabs presumably to continue to show the
minimize button. DClicking in the empty area causes it to be as large as possible
vertically. A similar thing happens if you dclick along side the tabs in the open
toolbar containing the console. DClicking causes it to reverse.

Re: Minimized console pane opens on right side on build. [message #1848748 is a reply to message #1848658] Wed, 15 December 2021 21:50 Go to previous message
John Glen is currently offline John GlenFriend
I ended up finding a solution. If I right click the restore icon when the console pane is collapsed as a toolbar on the top right side, I get an option to "Show in original location." I find it kind of weird that is not the default behavior.
Previous Topic:Not able to set preference from plugin_customization.ini
Next Topic:Eclipse Linux 21.09 gives errors not taking into account C++ dialect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:44:54 GMT 2024