Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Creating a plugin for Eclipse 4
Creating a plugin for Eclipse 4 [message #1848346] Mon, 29 November 2021 11:26
Jenny Strømmen is currently offline Jenny StrømmenFriend
Hello.

I am new to plugin development, and I have created a plugin using the "Hello world Command" template and otherwise following the documentation for Eclipse.

It works fine when I run it as an Eclipse Application in Eclipse. It does give an error message saying java.xml.bind has problems when running as Eclipse Application, but the plugin worked as expected when just ignoring this. I have added some functionality, and wanted to test it, so I chose "Export" and installed it in host. When I start Eclipse again it does not work.

Thinking it was something wrong with my additions to the plugin, I started from scratch and created a new "Hello world command" project from the template, but it still does not work. The extension point created does not show. I have checked that it actually was installed.

Thinking it may be something wrong with the template, I found another template "Menu contribtion using E4" that seems to be the same but just for Eclipse 4. I am using Eclipse 2021-09 (4.21.0) so I finally thought this was the problem, that I had used a plugin for Eclipse 3. But using this template, it does not show a menu contribution when running it as an Eclipse Application and does not seem to work. It still shows the java.xml.bind error.

I am really confused. What template should I try to use, and how do I make it work?

Thank you very much for your help.
Previous Topic:Invoking the "run" button command in plugin
Next Topic:Tycho: Target - does only accept few maven artifacts?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:51:57 GMT 2024