Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » "Show\Hide related link" dependency to containment of link
"Show\Hide related link" dependency to containment of link [message #1848293] Fri, 26 November 2021 16:12
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Hi,
I was playing around with the "Show\Hide related link" and experienced some strange behaviour wich had me look into the implementation. I wonder why the determination of the links to be shown in the dialog depends on their containment within packaged elements.

In
org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.clazz.part.UMLDiagramUpdater.getOutgoingLinks

which is for example finally called in order to determine potential outgoing links of a class, you see that in the following method:
org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.clazz.part.UMLDiagramUpdater.getOutgoingTypeModelFacetLinks_AssociationClass_Edge(Type)

The package container of the class under inspection is derived and only links contained in that package are taken into account. Is there a fundamental reason for that? We have a quite complex technical model (SysML) and are playing with programatical separation of different model elements into different packages, which at the end results in a package structuring that makes this filter more or less useless. We definetly cannot put all elements of our model in one package to make this filter work.

I would very much appreciate if somebody could give some insight into the idea of this approach.

Thanks in advance
Thorsten

Previous Topic:[Model2Doc] Why some stereotype properties are not available in the selection dialog
Next Topic:Adding Extension Points to Use Case Diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 19:46:42 GMT 2024