Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Extending Xtend type system with own kinds of type?
Extending Xtend type system with own kinds of type? [message #1848122] Mon, 22 November 2021 00:12
Constantine Plotnikov is currently offline Constantine PlotnikovFriend
Hello!

I'm planning to do some experiments and demos on general-purpose extensions to type systems later this year. I basically need to add new kind of type (that will expand to several java types and a lot of fields and methods) that could happen anywhere where class could be defined, and a corresponding value constructor for that kind of type (that could happen anywhere where new object could be created). I want to reach demoware stage of an idea, so performance and other quality requirements are not high right now.

The problem is that I want to keep all existing features and overall syntax of Xtend and even to reuse them of for new kinds of types. This is different from available entity sample. So, I want to extend Xtend to some Xtend+ instead of replicating it entirely in parallel as in the entity sample.

I'm interested if there are projects that do similar magic of extending Xtend with new types of types and value expressions, so I could use it as a guidance. Xtend looks like an interesting platform for programming language research, but I'm somewhat lost where to start if I'm working with existing rather than completely new languages.

Best Regards,
Constantine Plotnikov
Previous Topic:Reference Ecore model in Xtext grammar
Next Topic:Maven Build Issues - Xtext 2.22 2020-06 Java11
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 01:42:03 GMT 2024