Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Eclipse keeps asking password and user when pushing GitHub(Eclipse keeps asking password and user when pushing GitHub)
Eclipse keeps asking password and user when pushing GitHub [message #1847519] Sat, 30 October 2021 10:42 Go to next message
oleg Ovroutsky is currently offline oleg OvroutskyFriend
I switched laptops, installed eclipse, GitHub and git.
I think I made the ssh connection ok with Github.
and now every time I git push my project a window pops up asking me my GitHub username and password. since now you can only use token GitHub password, i need the token id instead of password, but the problem is it keeps asking that everytime i push never mind what project.
Re: Eclipse keeps asking password and user when pushing GitHub [message #1847801 is a reply to message #1847519] Mon, 08 November 2021 20:04 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
I don't understand what you are writing.

For an SSH connection, EGit might ask about the passphrase of your encrypted private key. That passphrase most likely is not a Github token.

Did you also copy the content of the .ssh directory from your old computer?

For an HTTPS connection, EGit might indeed ask for the password. For Github just enter the token. There should also be an option to store it in the Eclipse secure store.

There are options in the global "Version Control (Team)->Git" preference page, in the "Secure Store" group, controlling that behavior.
Previous Topic:Missing the EGIT Menu Items
Next Topic:Exact equivalent to "git clone -b <branch> <repository>" in jgit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:40:23 GMT 2024