Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » long project name because of git repo
long project name because of git repo [message #1847126] Fri, 15 October 2021 11:20 Go to next message
Sergei Karimov is currently offline Sergei KarimovFriend
Hello!
I'm not sure it's the right place, probably egit forum is better...
Some recent update of eclipse has changed the way project name (in project view) displayed.
index.php/fa/41147/0/
As you see project name becomes incredibly long and the only useful information, branch name, moved to the very end. You have to increase width of project view and decrease width of code editing which is very inconvenient.
Ideally I'd like to see project name, then branch name, then stuff like [boot], [devtools], which could be cut if I reduce width of the view. I don't need git repo name/actual folder (especially twice!) in project name. There are plenty other ways how I can find this out.
As you see I use custom project name (added 11-) because I have many projects in my workspace and I don't want them to be sorted automatically, I need to apply custom order for projects
I tried to find any settings for git and didn't find any. Is there a way to remove git repo name/actual folder from project name?
I'm using eclipse STS (Java EE) updated to latest version.
  • Attachment: screen.jpg
    (Size: 7.26KB, Downloaded 275 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2021 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: long project name because of git repo [message #1847136 is a reply to message #1847126] Fri, 15 October 2021 15:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've not see decorations that look like this. Only the last part in [] have I seen. Perhaps STS is also adding decorations. The EGit ones (that I see) you can control via Window -> Preferences -> Version Control (Team) -> Git -> Label Decorations.

Have you ever tried using workings sets (via the view menu) to help organize your workspace?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Not all proposals is showing up
Next Topic:ECJ cannot normally recognize the module info of the multi release jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:37:47 GMT 2024