Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » How do I point my contained features to the main Eclipse Artifact P2s(Automated metadata manipulation to save space while retaining feature independence)
How do I point my contained features to the main Eclipse Artifact P2s [message #1846967] Sun, 10 October 2021 23:46
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

We are building a number of higher-level features with Tycho. As a result, all of them heavily relies on the features of an existing Eclipse distribution component. In our case, these are the Epsilon components.

We would like our features to install with very few prerequisites. As such, we want to include the required features in our own.

This inclusion is not a problem with Tycho, but it leads to a very large artefact P2 repository.

Given that we know where the artifacts are hosted, we would like to avoid this space wastage and instead redirect the metadata repository in such a way that these artefacts are drawn from the components artifact website.

We would need to do this automatically, so we are looking for calls to either the P2 ant tasks or the director application.

Ideally, we would like a recipe that performs this step as part of the Tycho build.

I assume that this would be an important functionality, given how frequent reuse is in the Eclipse platform. Copying things all over the place is not a very appealing proposition...
Previous Topic:P2 director application not working for me in 2021-09 (4.21) [BUG?]
Next Topic:No updates were found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:40:41 GMT 2024