Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » ELK Sample code shows missing Options class(Trying sample Layout dev project. Java code shows missing class.)
ELK Sample code shows missing Options class [message #1844930] Wed, 29 September 2021 23:48 Go to next message
Michael Lynott is currently offline Michael LynottFriend
I followed the steps for an algorithm developer, installed ELK, and created a new Project in Eclipse following the "Creating a New Project" page. After following these steps I have a Java project. The two source programs won't run without an "options" file. I don't know what steps to take to produce that options file, and where it belongs in the project hierarchy. Could someone provide a sample?
MikeL
Re: ELK Sample code shows missing Options class [message #1850368 is a reply to message #1844930] Mon, 28 February 2022 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sören Domrös is currently offline Sören DomrösFriend
The answer is a bit late, however, if someone else is searching for the solution:
The problem seems to be that no options file is generated from the *.melk file.
This usually happens when the id and the name of the algorithm are the same.
For example, if I name my new Projekt "Test" then id and name (as well as algorithm id) will also be "Test".
Naming the project "test" fixes the issue.
Re: ELK Sample code shows missing Options class [message #1850673 is a reply to message #1850368] Mon, 14 March 2022 00:47 Go to previous message
Michael Lynott is currently offline Michael LynottFriend
Thank you That worked. Resolved.
Previous Topic:Layout Part of Diagram (NO_LAYOUT)
Next Topic:elk Demo program fails during injector creation process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:22:43 GMT 2024