Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jakarta Faces » Jakarta URL Rewriting(Rewriting URL without Pretty Faces (or Pretty Faces Version with Jakarta Support))
Jakarta URL Rewriting [message #1844765] Fri, 24 September 2021 11:33 Go to next message
Alexander Zumpf is currently offline Alexander ZumpfFriend
Hey people out there!

I have a question about URL Rewriting with Jakarta Faces 3.0.

Is it possible to rewrite the URL like it's possible with Pretty Faces?
Or is there even a version of Pretty Faces with jakarta-namespace support that I'm not aware of?

I hope you could help me
Re: Jakarta URL Rewriting [message #1858636 is a reply to message #1844765] Thu, 13 April 2023 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahad Bilal is currently offline Ahad BilalFriend
Because my project uses Jakarta to support Tomcat 10, I am experiencing a type mismatch problem between Jakarta and javax because Tucker urlrewrite currently internally uses javax.

I therefore asked when the Tucker urlrewrite package would be moved to Jakarta.

If Tucker Url Rewrite cannot be used to offer Rewrite Url capabilities in a spring application, are there any other packages that can?

[Updated on: Mon, 16 October 2023 22:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jakarta URL Rewriting [message #1859126 is a reply to message #1844765] Fri, 12 May 2023 19:00 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Alexander Zumpf wrote on Fri, 24 September 2021 11:33
Hey people out there!

I have a question about URL Rewriting with Jakarta Faces 3.0.

Is it possible to rewrite the URL like it's possible with Pretty Faces?
Or is there even a version of Pretty Faces with jakarta-namespace support that I'm not aware of?

I hope you could help me

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Jakarta Faces 3.0 does not have built-in URL rewriting functionality like Pretty Faces. Pretty Faces, which is a URL rewriting library specifically designed for JavaServer Faces (JSF), is not available in a version that supports the Jakarta namespace. However, it's worth noting that the Jakarta EE community is actively working on the development of URL rewriting solutions that align with the Jakarta namespace. You may want to explore alternative libraries or frameworks that provide URL rewriting capabilities compatible with Jakarta Faces 3.0. It's recommended to consult the official documentation, forums, or user communities related to Jakarta Faces or Jakarta EE to stay updated on any advancements or available options for URL rewriting.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 October 2023 22:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Jakarta Faces with Eclipse 2022-03?
Next Topic:passkeys support in Jakarta Faces (formerly JSF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:23:54 GMT 2024