Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Diagram Has Red Xs Everywhere, But No Problems Reported
Diagram Has Red Xs Everywhere, But No Problems Reported [message #1843873] Mon, 23 August 2021 01:33 Go to next message
Brandon Lewis is currently offline Brandon LewisFriend
I'm drawing a Diagram that's a Container with some Nodes that have BorderedNodes on them.

When I was making my domain based edges, I got a lot more edges than I expected, and to address this I have added some derived/transient data to my data model.

I'm basically creating something like "qualifiedNames" or elaborated objects so I get uniquely identifiable objects in my hierarchy.The BorderedNodes in the attached diagram are obtained from this derived/transient data.

Once I "scoped" my source/target candidates for the domain edge to these derived/transient objects, I got the correct number of edges. (before scoping the source/targets to these unique semnatic objects, I was getting nearly 20x the edges I expected)

However, every single node that represents a derived/transient object has a red X on it.

Validating the data, validating the representations.aird all report No Errors.

How do I debug why there are red Xs everywhere?

The interpretter, using self.target, reports the semantic objects I expect.
Re: Diagram Has Red Xs Everywhere, But No Problems Reported [message #1843874 is a reply to message #1843873] Mon, 23 August 2021 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also ran a "repair" on my representations.aird file and that did not fix it.
Re: Diagram Has Red Xs Everywhere, But No Problems Reported [message #1843880 is a reply to message #1843873] Mon, 23 August 2021 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
These "red X" markers are not the sign of a semantic validation error (hence the absence of problems reported). It means that the semantic elements associated by Sirius to the graphical border nodes are not available anymore, and/or (more probably in your case) not attached to the rest of the model.

In such a case the the graphical element is considered broken/obsolete and marked for deletion in the next refresh.

It probably has to do with how you create the corresponding derived elements, i.e. they may not have an eContainer() that makes them part of the rest of the model.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Diagram Has Red Xs Everywhere, But No Problems Reported [message #1843886 is a reply to message #1843880] Mon, 23 August 2021 11:20 Go to previous message
Thanks so much for responding. As soon as I read your last sentence, I realized what was wrong - I forgot to set my derived/transient references to containment references. Problem solved!
Previous Topic:Set reference to existing class instance with tool
Next Topic:[Sirius Web] Custom diagram framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 28 17:06:56 GMT 2022