Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Setup C++ on Eclipse Java IDE
Setup C++ on Eclipse Java IDE [message #1843781] Wed, 18 August 2021 05:59 Go to next message
Jed Mammag is currently offline Jed MammagFriend
Hello. I am a student currently using eclipse IDE for Java and now I also want to use eclipse for C++ projects for my Object Oriented Programming subject. Our instructor told us to download eclipse for C++ but I already have an eclipse IDE but for java only. Is there a way for me setup my current IDE to code C++ projects too? I already installed MinGW by the way. I also downloaded CDT SDK from the Help button in eclipse but I don't know how to create a new project for c++ because it doesn't show up from the selection.
Re: Setup C++ on Eclipse Java IDE [message #1843791 is a reply to message #1843781] Wed, 18 August 2021 14:02 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Open the 'Welcome' screen. continue to 'Tutorials' -> C/C++ Development, and follow the instructions in 'Before you begin'.

After following the instructions, continue to 'Getting Started'.

If you cannot get the 'Welcome' screen, the instructions can also be reached from the workbench 'Help' menu under 'Help Contents' -> 'C/C++ Development User Guide'.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Segmentation fault with Qt library
Next Topic:Set user for docker container in Eclipse_CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 23:05:34 GMT 2024