Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Q about structure of ISO 80000 and QUDV in SysML Papyrus and how to apply it.(SysML, ISO 80000, QUDV, Papyrus)
Q about structure of ISO 80000 and QUDV in SysML Papyrus and how to apply it. [message #1843775] Tue, 17 August 2021 15:26 Go to next message
Marnix Verkammen is currently offline Marnix VerkammenFriend
Dear all,

I have limited experience with SysML, but I am part of a team creating some form of mapping between a SysML software and another MBSE tool.
I want this mapping to be ale to interpret the ISO 80000 package, but for this, I first need to know how this package works in Papyrus.
I am using the ISO80000 library given in Commnent 6 of this bug-thread: Comment 6 of this Eclipse bug discussion: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=478131#c6

I am unsure as to how the new units or QuantityKinds (QKs) should be defined.
Let's assume that I want to create the unit Newton from scratch (not using the one in the ISO 80000 package), stating that it is a unit derived from kg, m and s (km/s^2).
Do I then need to create and InstanceSpecification with as name Newton and as classifier DerivedUnit (taken from the QUDV modelLibrary)?

I have tried creating a normal SysML unit, than change its classifier to derivedUnit, but then the unit transforms itself into an InstanceSpecification. Hence why I think one should create an instanceSpecification.

My question then is: how does one assign the factor, unit and (primary)quantitykind, as shown in Figure E.9 of OMG' s System Modelling Language v1.5 document? I place the figure below.
I see that these relationships exist in the QUDV modelLibrary in Papyrus, however I am unsure how to drag them (?) under the newton Derived Unit.

Would someone be so kind as to give more information, or a resource in which this can be found? I have searched quite extensively on the internet, but have yet to find a manual, forum thread, etc. about using the QUDV library in Papyrus.

----------------------------------------------------

A second question I have regards the structure of the pre-existing Units, Valuetypes and QuantityKinds. Are they linked properly in the Papyrus ISO 80000 package? By that I mean for instance: Are the unit and quantityKinds of a ValueType properly defined? I see that most (if not all, since I have not checked all of them of course) Valuetypes have empty Units and QKs. An example of this is <<ValuetType>>mass(zeptogram), see image below.

In the same line of thought: Are prefixed units (or derived units for that matter) actually defined as described in the OMG SysML document? As far as I can see prefixedUnits such as zeptogram have two slots: one for the name (in an instanceValue) and one for the prefix. The latter seems to be also an instanceValue with "zepto" written in it. Hence, I am not sure if it is in any way connected to the prefix "zepto" defined in ISO 80000-1

---------------------------------------------------

I look forward to your help or advice.
Kind regards,
Marnix.

PS: if this thread is better suited elsewhere, please do move it. I could not find any better place in this forum than here.
Re: Q about structure of ISO 80000 and QUDV in SysML Papyrus and how to apply it. [message #1843793 is a reply to message #1843775] Wed, 18 August 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Hello.

You've got the wrong forum. This is the forum for PapyrusRT, which implements UML-RT, not SysML.

For SysML questions you should ask in the Papyrus forum.

Regards
Re: Q about structure of ISO 80000 and QUDV in SysML Papyrus and how to apply it. [message #1843805 is a reply to message #1843793] Thu, 19 August 2021 07:22 Go to previous message
Marnix Verkammen is currently offline Marnix VerkammenFriend
Dear Ernesto,

Apologes.
Thanks for letting me know though!

I'll post it now in the Papyrus forum.

Kind regards,
Marnix
Previous Topic:Xtext in Papyrus RT RCP
Next Topic:Boolean array in Papyrusrt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:21:19 GMT 2024