Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Error 404 after migrating to Scout 11(Scout 11)
Error 404 after migrating to Scout 11 [message #1843743] Mon, 16 August 2021 14:56 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hello,

Today i tried migrating my Java Scout 10 Project to the Scout 11 version. I did all the steps from the migration guide. But if i run project, i get the following error:
org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.html.UiServlet.sendNotFound(UiServlet.java:275) - 404_NOT_FOUND: GET /login.html - MDC[]

I also changed all the entrypoints, i changed the filter of the web.xmls, i changed the start script to the new one.

I just don´t know what to do, i also made a new hello world project to compare it but i couldnt find any big differences.

Can anyone help?
Re: Error 404 after migrating to Scout 11 [message #1843750 is a reply to message #1843743] Mon, 16 August 2021 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Hi Luis

Did you run the NPM/webpack build that generates all frontend resources (*.html, *.js, *.css etc.)? I believe the "dist" folder where the files are written to has been changed from your.project.ui.html/dist to your.project.ui.html/target/dist. You should find an Eclipse launch config in the "run" or "tools" menu to start the js build. Rebuilding the workspace is not sufficient, since that only invokes the Java compiler.

If you did run the build, check the "target" folder of your *.ui.html module. You should find a "dist" folder with a "dev" or "prod" folder (depending on whether you are running in development mode or not). Check that the required files are present, and that they are listed in the "file-list" file.

Regards,
Beat
Re: Error 404 after migrating to Scout 11 [message #1843770 is a reply to message #1843750] Tue, 17 August 2021 10:07 Go to previous message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hello Beat,

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes i did run the js build.
I found out what my problem was. It seems when i did the migration and started the js build, it didnt run the pnpm install, so i had the old @eclipse/cli modules with the old scripts.

The fix was deleting the whole node_modules folder and running pnpm install. It works now, thank you.
Previous Topic:Override Busy Indicator - Cancel action
Next Topic:Launch a Form from Smart Field Selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:06:26 GMT 2024