Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Plugin/Feature not loaded
Plugin/Feature not loaded [message #1843183] Mon, 19 July 2021 12:19 Go to next message
philipp huebner is currently offline philipp huebnerFriend
Dear all.

We upgraded our system from eclipse Neon to 4.19. Our application is 3.x based. We have a feature-based PDE build. It's creating a base application and several plugins/features which enlarge the basic application.

After much struggle, we got the basic PDE build to work and the main application starts. But no feature/plugin combination loads.

There is absolutely no behaviour, no errors and no log file.

Is there anything new or hidden we have to pay attention to when creating rcp/plugin combination?

is there any way to get more information about plugin startup from eclipse?

Is there a possibility to force plugin startup?

Re: Plugin/Feature not loaded [message #1843204 is a reply to message #1843183] Tue, 20 July 2021 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
The declarative service provider has been changed from Equinox.ds to Apache Felix.scr, see https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.7/platform_isv.php#equinox-ds-felix-scr
You might need to change the product configuration to activate this new bundle, see also https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/FAQ#Why_won.27t_my_application_start.3F

Otherwise, read through the New and Noteworthy pages for each release. Also the migration guides might give clues: https://help.eclipse.org/2021-06/index.jsp?nav=%2F2_3

To get more output '-consoleLog' could give more logging to the console instead of a logfile.

The starting of bundles can be analyzed (and I think also activated) from the OSGi console, however I have never used that myself yet. Today I learned that 'eclipse with -noExit -console and run the "lb -s" command' gives the status of all bundles.
Re: Plugin/Feature not loaded [message #1843239 is a reply to message #1843204] Wed, 21 July 2021 09:41 Go to previous message
philipp huebner is currently offline philipp huebnerFriend
Thank you. The main application is starting, with "apache.felix" in product autostart.

The problem is that our additional features/plugins do not start, whatever we do, with absolutely no behaviour at all.

They were not added to the product file at all.
Previous Topic:RCP App + java.awt.Desktop#setOpenUriHandler on MacOS
Next Topic:Undo not working from keyboard in custom view but working using mouse shortcut
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:16:38 GMT 2024